Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today the new lineup of free games coming to PlayStation Plus subscribers for the month of July.
The following games below will be available from July 7 to August 3:
- NBA 2K20 (2K Games)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (Square Enix)
- Bonus Game: Erica (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
Additionally, Sony Interactive Entertainment will be releasing a free PlayStation 4 theme later this week for a limited time. The free theme is to celebrate the 10 years of PlayStation Plus this July. Also, a free online multiplayer event weekend will also run from July 4 from 12AM to July 5 at 11:59PM.
To see how the PlayStation Plus service has evolved throughout the years, Sony Interactive Entertainment released a timeline:
- June 29, 2010 – PlayStation Plus was introduced to the world.
- wipEout HD (PlayStation 3) was one of the first names given to PlayStation Plus members.
- June 2012 – Monthly games introduced.
- 64 games offered during the first year of PlayStation Plus’s monthly games.
- Over 1,000 games have been offered through PlayStation Plus globally (as of March 31, 2020).
- 41.5 million users (as of April 2020) – If PlayStation Plus was a country, it would have the 36th largest population in the world.
- Top five monthly games redeemed from PlayStation Plus globally – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Sonic Forces, Shadow of the Colossus, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Destiny 2.
- Top five online multiplayer games played by PlayStation Plus members globally – Grand Theft Auto V, Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Destiny, and Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII.
With the PlayStation 5 coming this year, many are hoping that the PlayStation Plus will evolve even further, and have features like the Xbox Game Pass.