Square Enix announced today during today’s Letter From the Producer Live that the highly-anticipated Patch 5.1 for Final Fantasy XIV will be released on October 29 for PC and PS4.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.1: Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty will have the much-awaited NieR collaboration for the Alliance Raid. Check out below the content that will be available when Patch 5.1 releases later this month:
· New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 5.1 introduces the next chapter in the exhilarating Shadowbringers main storyline.
· New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO bring together FINAL FANTASY and NieR in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
· Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – This crafter- and gatherer-focused content encourages players to work together to build the Firmament in Ishgard. The new content is accompanied by extensive system adjustments and updates for crafting and gathering classes.
· New Game+ – This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one’s current progression and job level.
· New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can tackle this new dungeon alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
· New Extreme Trial – Players will be able to challenge a new extreme difficulty trial.
· New Beast Tribe Quests – ThePixies
· PvP Updates – Substantial changes will be made to PvP actions, alongside the introduction of a new Frontline map and ruleset.
· Blue Mage Job Updates – The first major update to this limited job will feature an increased level cap, new job quests, as well as new blue mage-specific battle challenges and content.
· Performance Action Updates – The addition of an ensemble feature will allow groups of players to create music together.
· Patch 5.1 will also feature job adjustments, Gold Saucer updates, system updates, and more
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is available now for PS4 and PC. Check back with us in a few weeks for our coverage of the new patch. Stay tuned.