Part of what makes The Surge 2 so fun and frustrating is how many extremely random secrets there are. It isn’t enough to find things, locate enemies or really go above and beyond because so many things are tied to the randomness of the experience. This is especially true for drones, as there are a couple that you’ll probably never encounter unless you get lucky or think outside of the box.
Editor Note: Since I did not intend on writing this guide initially, some of the easier drones might have slightly inaccurate information. However, all the hard drones are correct. Also, a huge thank you for Jeysynn who informed me on how to obtain the last drone.
- A.I.D. ‘Empire’ Sniper Rifle
- CREO Industrial Magnet – Buy from the drone vender.
- EMP-44 ‘Starfish’ – Reward for killing Little Johnny.
- GAIA Laser – Story related
- Grenade – Buy from the drone vender or obtain from a quest.
- JAG Bio-Sensor – Help the fake Russian by finding the broken drone and turning it over to him. You can only obtain this if you choose to look the other way.
- JAG-1000 ‘Carnivore’ Shotgun – Cut off Captain Cervantes’ left leg.
- Klokonov R-47 AutoRifle – Story related
- Molotov Cocktail – Buy from the drone vender or obtain from a quest.
- R-1 ‘Diode’ Laspistol – Unlock through story progression.
- S&R Drone – Unlocked through progression.
- SPARK ‘Enlightener’ Electro-Beam – Cut off a Spark Galvanizer’s arm in the Citadel of the Spark.
- SPARK Engineer’s Turret – Simply cut off a Spark Engineer’s body. These are the enemies that deploy turrets in the bay area. Please note, they’ll almost, if not always, lack chest armor, so you get this as a reward instead.
- SSM ‘Vanguard’ Missile – Split the reward with Hawke or buy it from the drone vender.
- VULC-88 ‘Panthera’ Rotary Gun – Destroy the flame turret during the second phase of the Major General Ezra Shields fight.
- W-101 Spray Can – Story related.
- W-102 Banner – Story Related