2K Games has now announced that it will be shutting down the dedicated servers for the game Evolve later this year. This means that some features of the game will no longer be playable when things are switched off in a few month’s time.
The dedicated servers for Evolve will be shut down on September 3rd, 2018. This also includes the shutting down of Evolve Stage 2 on PC and you will also no longer be able to visit the the in-game store after that date. Below is a list of features going away for good.
Features being removed:
- Hunt (Ranked)
- Players will still be able to play Hunt by going into Quick play and Custom games
- Player Profile data
- Leaderboards will no longer be populated with player data
- The in-game store will be removed
- The newsfeed will be unavailable
- Player Badges will be unavailable
You can still access peer-to-peer multiplayer after September 3rd and single player vs AI matches are also still accessible. All access to DLC that has been previously bought will also be playable for those that purchased them in the past. The game itself is still playable, but the free to play version on PC won’t be.