At long last, Capcom officially announced today that Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate will finally make its way to North America this August 28 for the Nintendo Switch.
Since Monster Hunter World came out several months ago, many Monster Hunter fans are hoping some sort of a Monster Hunter game will make way for the Switch. Alas- it’s finally coming! Packed with features such as being able to play with someone who has the 3DS version, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is the game many MH fans have been waiting for.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is the follow-up to Monster Hunter Generations, and marks the Monster Hunter series’ debut on Nintendo Switch as an exclusive. Hunters can face off against the largest roster of unique monsters in any Monster Hunter game to date. Players take on the role of a brave hunter challenging larger than life beasts that yield valuable resources used for crafting unique weapons and equipment. Accept hundreds of quests solo or with friends in this nostalgic look back at the series’ beginnings and evolutions. Along the hunter’s journey, players must defend each of the game’s four villages from major threats known as the Fated Four, plus an even more dangerous new Elder Dragon.
This game features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favorites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. Fans will be able to play in tabletop mode or in handheld mode on-the-go with up to three other hunters locally or online when it releases on August 28, 2018.
- Colossal roster – Take on the series’ largest roster of monsters to date including all-new monsters, Deviant variants, and the mysterious new Elder Dragon Valstrax.
- Co-op multiplayer – Join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meetup and play together via local play.
- Play anywhere! – With Nintendo Switch, for the first time gamers have the flexibility to either play online with friends on a TV in tabletop mode or play on-the-go in handheld mode.
- New level of challenge – Alongside the previously featured low rank and high rank level quests from Generations, a challenging quest level called “G” rank is introduced to test experienced hunters’ battle tactics. Even more formidable versions of familiar foes enter the fields with different moves and abilities never before seen in the wild.
- Highly customizable gameplay – Expanding on the four Styles and supermoves called Hunter Arts introduced in Generations, new indispensable Hunter Arts as well as two Styles are introduced for even further refined personalization options.
- Brave Style – Land a series of attacks to build up a meter that will open up new evasive maneuvers and powerful weapon combos.
- Alchemy Style – Support teammates by creating useful field items on the fly during combat.
- Deep loot crafting – Fell massive beasts to obtain resources for crafting countless weapons and armor including all-new gear fashioned after the game’s colossal creatures.
To see the game in action, check out the trailer below: