When Sea of Thieves came out earlier this month, it did not have a very smooth launch mainly because the online servers were unable to meet the huge demand of the game. Well now a new update has been released today on all platforms that should hopefully make your gaming experience much better than before.
If you plan on updating the game today, you will have to know that the new patch being released is pretty large. The patch size is 9.99 GB on Xbox One, 18.97 GB on Xbox One X and 19.53 GB on PC.
The official patch notes were released via the official Sea of Thieves forum. You can check out the full patch notes for it down below.
- Players who have redeemed their Black Dog Pack pre-order code will now correctly see these items in their in-game chests. Not received your code? Check your Xbox Live messages over the next couple of days.
- Characters should no longer lose details such as hair colour and scars.
- When digging up a chest, there is no longer a chance that it will be impossible to pick up
- Players should no longer intermittently be missing items and weapons when loading into the game
- Weapon, clothing and ship cosmetic changes made after migrating server will now persist across sessions
- Players will now correctly see other players titles
- Snakes will now behave correctly, turning to face the player when agitated
- Animal and skeleton movement around slopes has been improved
- The game will no longer enter an unresponsive state after accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking
- Merchant Alliance notifications for handing in various items have been corrected
- Lighting has been tweaked in order to improve performance on multiple islands and outposts
- Fixed tinnitus sound which persists after being killed by multiple explosive barrels.
- Seagulls now fly over floating barrels.
- Players can no longer be held by a seemingly invisible Kraken tentacle.
- Fixed a range of potential game crashes.
Significant performance optimisations across all platforms, specifically targeting the 4K native resolution of Xbox One X.
- Drastically reduced the likelihood of tearing when using the small ship.
- Reduced the likelihood of tearing when inside the Taverns.
- Sizeable framerate improvements when traversing large islands.
- Reduced likelihood of framerate hitches when navigating outposts.
- Optimised Foliage for smoother experience in overgrown jungle areas.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Player gold and reputation can be delayed when cashing in a reward.
- Player achievements can be delayed.
For an update on both of these issues, please read our Launch Update written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Bounty quest skeletons sometimes do not spawn or cannot be found.
If you encounter this bug, a potential work around is to sail away from the island until it’s out of range, and then sail back in to trigger the Island Name banners.
- Joining a player whose ship is parked at an active skeleton fort will prevent the joining player’s radial menus being opened.
- Rare Lore Items throughout the world will read in English, regardless of current language settings.
- “Hunter of Cursed Crews”, Commendation is not updating.
- Players may become comically smaller after fighting the Kraken.
Rare plans to continue supporting Sea of Thieves in the future based on the feedback it has received from fans. So look out for more patches very soon. Rare promises though that future update patches should not be as large as the one released today on Xbox One, Xbox One X and PC.