Not much has been unveiled for Square-Enix’s detective title, Murdered: Soul Suspect, since its initial reveal last year. With a new trailer and developer commentary, some new details have surfaced along with an announcement for the next console it will be landing on.
Previously announced for current gen consoles, namely Xbox 360, PC PlayStation 3, Murdered: Soul Suspect has been in development for some time with no new revelations. Today’s announcement has Murdered coming to Xbox One as well. Naturally, as the video below is hosted by Xbox’s YouTube channel, there isn’t any indication of a release coming to PlayStation 4 quite yet.
- A dark, detective thriller with a unique supernatural twist: solving your own murder from the afterlife.
- Investigate the world as only a ghost can: Possess humans and influence thoughts, interrogate other ghosts and use poltergeist abilities to create distractions.
- Explore Salem, a town where strange things happen, to discover secrets hidden deep within the Dusk’ world. Walk-through walls, teleport and reveal memories.
- Survive soul devouring demons using a variety of tactics.
- Who killed you and why? A rich tableau of characters and a dark, twisting storyline means anyone could be your killer.
A release date has not been announced for Murdered: Soul Suspect, although it’s currently penned in for a Spring 2014 release. We’ll be sure to keep you updated for more information!