Today saw the (early) release of the Mechromancer, a new class for players to use in their vault hunting adventures in Borderlands 2, but what also came today was a patch for Borderlands 2. Within this patch was not only new trophies/achievements for an upcoming downloadable content pack, but also a fair amount of actual information regarding it.
First off, none of this is as of yet confirmed, and may change between now and the release of this content. Contained within the contents of the PC files of Borderlands 2 there is quite a lot of new info about an upcoming content pack. It appears that there will be many new additions to the game, including but not limited to:
- A “Seraph Crystal Vendor” who “sells top level gear but only accepts Seraph Crystals in payment. Earn more Seraph Crystals by slaying Seraph Guardians.”
- A new boss farming lockout of some sort, that will disallow players from killing certain bosses more than once a day.
- New raid bosses such as Hyperius and Master Gee the Invincible.
- New character heads on the Pirate theme (sneak peak below)
- A new rarity level, similar to how Pearlescent guns were added to Borderlands via DLC later in the game’s life span. Believed to be classified as “Seraph” and have a light pink color classification text.
- A new vehicle currently only known as “Hovercraft”.
- A new area named “Oasis”.
- Three new trophies/achievements:
- Gadabout: Discover all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate’s booty areas. (Bronze)
- Completionist: Complete all Pirate’s booty side missions (Silver)
- Treasure Hunter: Complete the mission “X Marks the spot” (Gold)
More information will likely become available in the coming weeks from Gearbox themselves, but until then stay tuned to JustPushStart as we will do our best to update you on the situation.