Under the unforgiving Thanalan sun lie the ruins of an ancient temple half-devoured by the shifting sands of a timeless desert. Though used by ancient Belah’dians as a place to worship the sun goddess Azeyma, the massive underground structure appears to be far older than this Sixth Astral Era civilization. That, however, did not deter Belah’dian sultans from each adding their own chambers to the original construct in a bid to achieve immortality through creation. In the subsequent years since the fall of Belah’dia, many an adventurer has sought to explore the temple’s mysteries and perhaps return with the treasure of a lost era…only to fall victim to one of the complex traps set to prevent that very thing from happening
Level: Level 35 (Sync from 37)
– The Sunken Temple of Qarn will be the first dungeon that you will find really challenging. The bosses this time are tougher as they have more mechanics you need to remember in order to succeed. As always, coordinating with your party will really help since there are moments in this boss fight that will require competent communication with one another on who does what.
– As you progress through the temple, you will come across four Stone Relics. If you wish to open four random treasure coffers, you need to collect these items and put them on a specific pedestal, which we’ll talk about later. The four stone relics are: The Helm of Might, The Gem of Affluence, The Flame of Magic, and the Fruit of Knowledge.
– A Stone Face called Qarn Facer will be appearing in certain locations of the dungeon. The Qarn Facer will run away multiple times. If you wish to get another treasure coffer in the end, be sure to give them enough damage before it leaves. Don’t worry though, you will see him multiple times.
– After taking down the first mini-boss for this dungeon, you will come across another Stone Face that looks like Qarn Facer. Well, this new stone face that you will see is called Avoirdupois. When you see this enemy, make sure to lead them to the glowing platform you see in the area and kill them. If done successfully, Avoirdupois will land on the glowing platform and will open the door to the next area.
– Remember the four Stone Relics I asked you to pick up earlier? Before getting to the final chamber of the boss, you will see stone pedestals, one at the bottom of the stairs and one on top. For the first two stone pedestals, put the Helm to the left and Gem to the right. Now go up and clear the two enemies there. Once they’re down, put the Flame to the left and Fruit to the right.
If you put the wrong relic on a pedestal, three enemies will spawn. Either way, you will open the door that leads to treasure coffers.
– The last puzzle that you will have to solve is right before the boss fight. Put the Flame and Fruit to open the chamber where you will meet the final boss.
Teratotour – Mini Boss
– The first mini boss that you will get to fight is Teratotour. As mentioned earlier, the bosses in this fight can be quite tough to defeat if you don’t pay attention to their mechanics. For this boss fight, timing is everything as if you move or act slow, it can cause a wipe out.
– Final Bee Sting is a deadly move from the bees in this fight. As soon as you see the boss spawn two to three bees, have the DPS take them down immediately. If not taken down fast, the bee will use Final Bee Sting that can cause instant K/O to one party member.
– In addition to the Final Bee Sting, another move that you need to watch out for in this boss fight is Doom. When the boss’ HP drops below 50%, he will cast Doom to everyone in the group. When this happens, you have about seven seconds to clear it. The only way to clear the Doom debuff is to go on top of the glowing platform (pictured above). One way to know the boss is about to cast doom is when he growls.