Final Fantasy XIV Guide – Dzemael Darkhold
Seeking to utilize an existing labyrinth of natural caves, the Ishgardian house of Dzemael began construction on their eponymous Darkhold near the end of the Sith Astral Era, intending it to server as a refuge for those fleeing the flames of the Dravanian Horde. When the house’s digging uncovered an entrance to the void, allowing an army of voidsent into this realm, however, they immediately abandoned their plans and withdrew from the subterrane, sealing it off so that they might contain the otherwordly invaders within. Despite all this, the house is unwilling to relinquish its claim to the caves, and believes that if they can be cleared of the voidsent, they might still be able to see their original plan brought to fruition.
Level: Level 44 *Sync from 46*
– Dzemael Darkhold is the first dungeon you will encounter that drops a certain amount of items that you can use to redeem your end-game gear when you reach level 50. This item is called Allagan Tombstones of Philosophy and you can get a total of 10 by completing this dungeon.
– As soon as the group steps into the Darkhold, you will encounter a floating eye called All-Seeing Eye. This enemy will be one of the bosses you will get to fight but before you the group actually fights him, he will roam through the dungeon and cause massive AOE damage. To prevent the AOE damage, hide under the glowing purple crystal called Crystal Veil, which will significantly reduce the damage. Just be careful not to fight a mob when the eye is on the group.
– To go from one area to the next, the group will have to use the Magitek Terminals that are scattered throughout the dungeon. When the group sees a blue circle, have one party member stand on it for a brief second to open a door. Be careful as there are terminals where monsters or traps will be active.
All-Seeing Eye (Mini Boss)
– The first boss that you will encounter in Dzemael Darkhold is the annoying All-Seeing Eye. If this monster has been annoying you, now is the time to put the boss to rest.
– All-Seeing Eye has one weakness and that’s the Crystal Veil crystal you see around the area. To make the boss vulnerable to any attacks and making sure you get a buff from its Eyes On Me AOE spell, it’s imperative that the group stays under the crystal.
– Throughout the fight, All-Seeing Eye will spawn adds. Have the DPS take down the adds and shift the focus to the boss. As long as the tank manages to hold the aggro of All-Seeing Eye and the group is always staying under the crystal, the fight will be easier. Just note that the Crystal Veil crystal will lose its effect after a minute or two, so make sure the group knows how to move quickly.