Borderlands 2 Limited Editions Will Have Your Wallet Screaming…
Oh the day that all collectors and game enthusiasts of specific games love to see. Today is the day that Gearbox reveals the collectors and limited editions of Borderlands 2. Think you wallet can survive looking on? Give it a shot; we bet it won’t.
Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition ($99.99)
- Standard copy of Borderlands 2
- “Authentic” Marcus Kincaid Bobblehead
- Inside the Vault: The Art & Design of Borderlands 2 book
- Set of four stickers: Borderlands Logo, 2K Logo, Gearbox Logo, and a “Minion on board” sign sticker
- Map of Pandora
- Comic book download code
- Some sort of un-named downloadable content for the game (possibly a COD Elite sort of season pass for Borderlands 2?)
Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition ($149.99)
- All of the items included in the Deluxe Vault Hunters edition, aside from some slight changes
- Replica Loot Chest (Size currently unknown, but looks rather large in terms of comparison to other items pictured)
- Creatures of Pandora ID Chart
- Field Notes from Sir Hammerlock
- Vending Machine Bobblehead box for Marcus
- Steelbook case
- Four lithograph postcards
- Cloth map of Pandora (as opposed to the presumably paper one in the Deluxe Vault Hunters edition)
- Numbered certificate of authenticity
So how are your wallets holding up? Trying to convince yourself that you don’t need it? Well you have until multiple months to decide until Borderlands 2 comes out on September 18th. If you’re planning on picking up Borderlands 2 on release, make sure to pre-order so you will receive access to the premiere club with a plethora of exclusive items.
As well as these reveals, it seems that Gearbox has also changed the cover for Borderlands 2, as illustrated by the above images. Will you be picking up either of these alternate edition of Borderlands 2, or will you be sticking with the regular edition? Let us know in the comments.