Sony Interactive Entertainment is pleased to announce today a permanent price for its PlayStation Now cloud game subscription service, as well as an addition of blockbuster titles such as Grand Theft Auto V and God of War.
From its original $19.99 monthly pricing, the service has now dropped to $9.99, making it more reasonable.
Here are the full details of the PlayStation Now price drop, via Sony Interactive Entertainment:
Starting today, PlayStation Now, which is available on PlayStation 4 and PC, will be offered at the following prices, keeping in line with pricing for other entertainment streaming services. Current customers will see this price change in their next billing cycle.
- United States: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
- Europe: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A) / €99.99)
- United Kingdom: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99/ (N/A) / £84.99)
- Japan: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 – yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900/ (N/A))
PlayStation Now will also expand on the industry’s largest games library for a console subscription service, with additional blockbuster content available for a limited window. These games can be streamed on a PlayStation 4 or PC, or downloaded to a PlayStation 4 . The new content is among the most-played and highly acclaimed games on the PlayStation 4, and will be added on a monthly basis. Launching today are:
- God of War – From Santa Monica Studio, God of War won numerous 2018 “Game of the Year” honors worldwide.
- Grand Theft Auto V – From Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V is the best-selling title of the current generation.
- inFAMOUS: Second Son – From Sucker Punch Productions, one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 games to-date.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – Naughty Dog’s 2016 award winning game, including BAFTA’s 2017 “Best Game.”
God of War, Grand Theft Auto V, inFAMOUS: Second Son, and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be available from October 1, 2019 until January 2, 2020. Each month, the service will add a refreshed selection of marquee games that will be available for a limited period. This marquee content is on top of the existing offering of popular evergreen titles that are added to PlayStation Now on a regular basis.
Check out the new PlayStation Now price drop service trailer below: