THQ Nordic has just unveiled a brand new and explosive trailer for their crashing and smashing racing title Wreckfest.
In this trailer gamers are introduced to Sheriff, The Crasher. Rather than letting the law rain down upon you though this Sheriff takes matters into their own hands. In the Wreckfest team’s own words alongside the trailer, “Sheriff will crash you. Sheriff will pain you. Sheriff will wreck you. Without compromise.”
Wreckfest is currently slated for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for August 27th. It will be available in both standard and deluxe versions, with the digital deluxe edition offering a chance to play early via a 24-hour head start into the game on August 26th. Note that, both versions will include the exclusive Bandit Ripper V8 racer regardless of if gamers pre-order digitally or in retail.
The Deluxe Edition unsurprisingly contains the Season Pass, which will grant access to 20 new cars, 20 special roof decorations and additional car customisation like armour, rims and more. This Season Pass content will be released step by step after the release, along with free content updates.
In terms of pricing THQ Nordic has confirmed the below:
- Standard Edition: USD 39.99 / EUR 39.99 / GBP 34.99 / RUB 2,599 / AUD 59.95
- Digital Deluxe Edition: USD 59.99 / EUR 59.99 / GBP 54.99 / RUB 3,599 / AUD 99.95
The console edition is soon to launch but this doesn’t mean PC gamers, for which the game is already available, are missing out! The actual release day, on August 27th not alongside the 24-hour head start, the PC version of Wreckfest will receive a “big free” update, including:
- 3 entirely new tracks and 1 new derby arena
- 3 new crazy challenge vehicles
- 1 new reward car for finishing the career
- New & improved career events
- Several new paint jobs for existing vehicles
- Additional daytimes for all tracks
- … and some more cool stuff!