Accolade and developer Choice Provisions announced today that Bubsy: Paws on Fire! will miss its original target date of April and will be released on May 16 instead for PlayStation 4, Switch and PC via Steam.
Both the PS4 and Switch version of Bubsy: Paws on Fire! will be available in both physical and digital format for $29.99 standard edition and $39.99 limited editions on Amazon.
Gamers who are interested in picking up the Limited Edition will receive a copy of the game, CD sampler of the soundtrack, a deluxe Player’s Guide with never before seen images of Bubsy and his crew. For the Switch version, there will be a reversible custom cover.
Here’s an overview of Bubsy, via Accolade:
– Four playable characters, each with their own unique game mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
-An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
– Over 140 levels and variations set across three different worlds!
– Three different boss battles!
– A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
– A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
– Unique character dialog for every level!
– A variety of unique collectible types, ensuring maximum re-playability!
– The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!
Check out the pre-order teaser below: