There will only be 10 units have been produced and instead of selling it, fans will have an opportunity to win the Artyom Edition via their planned promotion in the coming weeks.
The following are the contents Master Artyon Edition will include:
- Steel ammo crate packaging
- Fully-functionally, hand-made Nixie Watch
- Gas Mask and Filter
- Working Bullet Lighter made from a decommissioned sniper shell
- Hand-made steel Spartan dog tag to be engraved with the recipient’s name
- Leather map case and map of the Aurora’s journey
- Personalized Certificate of Ownership, signed by Dmitry Glukhovsky and Andrew ‘Prof’ Prokhorov
The first of the ten copies that will be produced has been given to developer 4A games, while the other nine will be given away to fans. For more details about the upcoming promotion, register at the game’s official website or follow the Metro series on other social media networks like Twitter or Facebook.
Here’s an overview of the game, via 4A Games:
The year is 2036.
A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game.
Metro Exodus will be available for PlayStation 4, XBox One, and PC on February 15.
Check out the Master Artyom Edition trailer below: