In Red Dead Redemption 2, money talks big in the game as it pretty much pays off a lot of things in the game, especially bounties if you do something bad in town. Luckily, those who are having a hard time gathering money, there’s currently a glitch that allows you to get an unlimited amount of gold bars.
Each Gold Bar that you get in the game nets you around $500. Usually, Gold Bars are found when you are treasure hunting but for this trick, you can get an unlimited amount if you so desire.
With a lot of money in your hands, you can do a lot of things with it like maximizing the upgrade in your camp, get all of the outfits for Arthur Morgan, pay off the bounties, and pretty much give yourself an unlimited amount of items that you can use. But then – is it worth cheating?
Before we proceed with this trick, please note that we don’t encourage cheating as it really kills the game. With so much money in your hand – one of the things that will ruin the experience is doing the treasure hunting as doing it is the only way to get gold bars. With you being able to exploit the glitch, you will become less motivated in hunting for gold bars.
Again, you have been warned! Please back up your saved file as we are not responsible for any lost or corrupted save files for using the trick.
How to exploit the Unlimited Gold Bar Glitch
The trick can be done in any location where there is a gold bar. It can be done in the area where you found the four gold bars by doing The Poisonous Trail treasure hunt or the strange statue puzzle that gives you four. But then – it can be painful as it can be far away from the place where you can sell the bars.
The easiest and most convenient location to do this trick is in a burned town just east of the Dakota River and south of the Horshoe Overlook. Look at the map above for the precise location.
Once you reach the burned town, find the Sheriff Station.
Inside the Sheriff Station, you will find a desk and behind it is a lockbox holding a piece of Gold Bar. Investigate it to open the lockbox BUT DON’T PICK IT UP YET.
To work on the glitch you must do the following:
1. Make sure AUTOSAVE is OFF. You can turn it off by going to the SETTINGS.
2. Now go to SAVE and save the game but have two save files in two different slots. One will be your backup while the other will be the one you will overwrite.
3. While standing in front of the gold bar, pick it up.
4. As soon as the GOLD BAR icon shows up to your right, immediately SAVE on the ones you will overwrite.
5. LOAD your latest save
6. Now you will find yourself a little bit to the east from the burned town.
7. Head over to the town again and you will see that the Gold Bar is still there.
8. Pick it up and you will notice that it’s still there. Keep picking it up until you maximize the amount of Gold Bars you should have.
9. Sell it to Fence and get your money.
10. Come back to the town if you need more.