Following the leak of an alleged video that reveals there might be a Harry Potter RPG on the way, many have assumed that Rocksteady is the one working on it. Unfortunately, it seems very likely that the one really working on it is Avalanche Studios, which happens to be another studio owned by Warner Bros.
So what does that mean for Rocksteady? It seems that they are currently working for a new title that once again takes place in Arkham and will be called, Batman: Arkham Universe. It is supposedly be announced at the upcoming X018, an event for Microsoft in Mexico.
Here is the rumored information leaked:
- Release Date: Fall 2019
- Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
- Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
- Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
- Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
- Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
- Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
- There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
- Main Villain: Court of Owls
- Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
- Every character is available in free roam.
- Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
- Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
- Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
- Stealth segments make you work together
- Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
- Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
- New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual
- takedown to get them down)
- Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
- Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
- This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games.
From the leaked information released, Batman: Arkham Universe seems to be a step-up indeed from the previous titles in the series. We are definitely excited and can’t wait!
Please note that this is just a rumor and all we can do now is hope that they are real and hope that we get an announcement soon.