Sony has now released a new patch for the baseball video game MLB The Show 18. The update pitching out today is version number 1.05 and it should be rolling out to owners of the game right now.
Operation Sports posted the full details of patch 1.05 for MLB The Show 18. You can read about the full details of the patch posted down below.
- Slight Increases to pitch speed across all gameplay modes.
- Fielding animation adjustments to the user controlled fielder to catch more balls just outside of the ball marker.
- Fix to an inaccurate ground-rule double call, specific to the bullpen areas of NYY Stadium.
Online Specific Improvements
- Fixes to several online in-game soft locks, caused by both users pausing or entering quick menus at the same moment.
- Fix to an in-game crash involving the button accuracy throw meter.
- Visibility improvements to the map in conquest mode.
Offline Specific Improvements
- RTTS training attribute adjustments to assure pitchers are gaining training points and distributing them correctly to secondary pitch types.
- Stabilization of select online and offline UI menus, where users were soft locking following certain timing-specific menu navigations.
- Various other minor bug fixes and adjustments throughout the game
MLB The Show 18 is out right now exclusively for the PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles. Sony will be further updating the game in the coming weeks and months to further improve the gameplay based on user feedback and more.