Big Ant Studios has released the latest update to AO Tennis for both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles. The developer is further improving the game’s performance since things were not that good when it first launched in New Zealand and Australia in mid-January.
Big Ant Studios posted the following statement on the official AO Tennis Facebook page: “We’ve got another patch for you today. This one fixes a number of common bugs that you’ve been reporting, and adds further enhancements and refinements to the gameplay – enjoy!”
Patch notes below (Patch 1.10 on PS4/ Patch 5 or 18.104.22.168 on Xbox One):
– Improved timing meter and aiming marker visual.
– Disabled aiming marker on Veteran and Legend difficulties
– Disabled stamina and timing meter on Legend difficulty
– Rule for awarding extra challenge in tiebreaks correctly implemented
– Rectified the incorrect detection of a double bounce on AI service
– Rectified non-progression issue after completion of 5 set matches
– Stability improvements after Ball/Net collisions
– General movement improvements
– General animation improvements
– General stability improvements
Having played the game for myself, I can confirm that AO Tennis is much better to play now than when it came out a few weeks ago. The gameplay is far smoother and some of the bugs have all been but removed.
The aforementioned update that has been released today is not very large. On the PS4 version I played, the patch was only around 57MB in size so it should not take you that long to download and install it.
The game is out now in Australia and New Zealand for PS4 and Xbox One. It will eventually be released in more countries sometime later this year.