Hello Games has released the mega huge 1.3 update for No Man’s Sky earlier today. It includes a 30 hour story mode plus some type of online multiplayer and more.
It’s been one year since No Man’s Sky came out and people were initially disappointed by it. Today’s update adds a ton of new features and the graphics seem to have been overhauled. You can check out the patch notes posted down below via IGN.
- “30 hours” of new story content, including the appearance of a new interdimensional alien race
- Limited online co-op called “Joint Exploration” (more on that below)
- Improved galactic mapping and better waypointing
- Variety and visual quality of planets improved, with new rare planet types
- Crashed freighters, buried resources and scavenging missions
- New mission board introduces constant extra missions and NPC guilds
- Full galactic trading system
- More in-depth scanning with updated Analysis Visor
- Overall improved visual quality, with higher resolution textures
- Terrain manipulation tool allows you to mould planets as well as destroy them
- Space combat improvements, more ship types and low planetary flight now allowed
- Quality of life improvements such as ship summonuing and better inventory management
- Ancient portals actually do something now
The trailer below gives you a look at the many changes that are in the game. The update itself is out now on PS4 and PC so you can explore how much the game has changed yourself.