If you are an Xbox One insider, you will be happy to know that some new features are coming your way later this month. You get to play around with these features before updates are released publicly.
Major Nelson posted more details about this on his official blog. One of the bigger features coming is something called a “Party Overlay”. This gives you can easier interface to know who is talking while you are in a party. It’s a great feature if you want to meet new people in your party.
They have also created “Arena on Xbox Live” where you can create or participate in many Killer Instinct tournaments. There will be more tournaments in the future with Smite and Halo Wars 2 as well. Other features of the new features can be seen below.
- Share your Looking for Group post on the Activity Feed or through a message
- Unfollow a Club or Game Hub directly from your Activity Feed
- Your profile will display your Arena tournament history and upcoming tournaments.
- For Beam and Twitch broadcasts, you will now have an option in the Guide for your Kinect to locate you automatically.
- Captive Portal support for wireless internet is coming to Xbox One, which allows for Wi-Fi authentication through a browser. Great for colleges, hotels, or public Wi-Fi locations.
- Filter posts on your Activity Feed on the Xbox app for iOS and Android
- On the Xbox app for Windows 10, we’re adding the option to select the audio input and output sources for Party chat.
These features start to roll out today and in the coming weeks for Xbox One insiders. You can be sure in the near future that some (or all) above features will become available to all Xbox One owners soon.