The world of Grand Theft Auto Online gets even deeper with the Beach Bum update, now available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Beach Bum content comes via a free update to GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V’s Story Mode as part of the latest automatic Title Update (1.06), so just fire up your console to download it. Alongside additional game tuning, the Beach Bum update includes:
New vehicles, weapons and jobs
Take on new Beach Bum Races with the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck or the Bravado Paradise beach camper van. For aquatic-based endeavours, the classic Speeder speedboat is also now available. All four vehicles can also be accessed in Story Mode and are available at no in-game cost. Also available in both Story Mode and Online are the new SNS Pistol and Broken Bottle, a pair of close range weapons. This update also features a wide array of new apparel; everything from casual canvas hats to tank tops, t-shirts, board shorts and bikinis in a wide range of styles and colours plus new hairstyle and tattoo customization options. In conjunction with today’s Beach Bum update, we’re also adding 30 new Jobs to GTA Online today. This includes new beach-themed races, deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings and Gang Attacks, plus the beachfront “Survival on Del Perro Pier” and more.
Along with the new Beach Bum update content, automatic Title Update 1.06 also includes a number of fixes and adjustments for Grand Theft Auto Online, which are listed here:
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission ‘Damaged Goods’ would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn’t claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.