Named after a man-eating creature from the ancient Padjali folklore, the Thousands Maws of Toto–Rak was built on the site of a natural cave system beneath the Silent Arbor. Until recently, it held all of Gridania’s foulest crimninals, from arsonists to poachers, but the completion of a new goal closer to the city heralded its abandonment.
Level: Level 24 (Sync from 27)
– In the Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak, you will come across an item called [Magitek Photocells]. Collect these orbs as you go deeper in the dungeon and when you come across the [Magitek Terminals], use them. These two terminals are located in the Confession and Fools Rest Chambers. As soon as you activate these terminals, you will encounter the mini-bosses for this dungeon.
– There are several treasure chests here. Don’t forget to fully explore the dungeon for items like Potions.
– The monsters you will encounter in this dungeon love poison! Make sure the Conjurer in the group uses Esuna when they see someone in the group inflicted.
Coeurl O’ Nine Tails – Mini Boss
– Your first encounter with this monster will be easy as it will be the only one that you will get to fight. This mini boss loves inflicting poison. Make sure the Conjurer uses Esuna on the tank.
– Tank is the only one who should be facing this boss while others in the group need to spread out. If you get close to the range of Coeurl, you will get inflicted with poison.
– When you encounter this mini-boss for the second time, it will get tougher since Coeurl will have two adds that he will bring out when he reaches 50% health.
– Take down the adds first, then focus on boss. Just like the first time you meet this boss, give everyone an adequate space to move around since these enemies will keep inflicting poison.
Grafflas – Main Boss
The main boss of this dungeon is called Grafflas, the spider. This boss can be tough if you don’t know the mechanics. Since inflicting poison is the favorite thing to do with the monsters here, Grafflas will do that as well.
– As soon as you enter Grafflas’ chamber, you will see a bunch of ‘Fleshy Pods’. Have the DPS take them down as soon as possible.
– Grafflas will be throwing out a spider web to the tank or anyone who is in its way. Before the boss does the spider-web attack, you will see its line of sight.
– The boss will bring out two adds on the field when the boss is close to 50% health. Take them down first to make things easier.
– When the boss reaches below 50% health, Grafflas will shed its skin and reveal its tail. In this phase, he will launch a puddle of poison through a green circle. Stay away from it as it can kill you. To clear the puddle, you can have someone in the group take down the tail.