At first glance Mistral might look like a push over, but she can be a tricky if you fight her the wrong way. Since you most likely don’t have a good grasp of the game at this point, we made a quick guide to help you become a master in no time.
- When you see a blue outline around your screen, it’s your prompt to go blade mode.
- Do not rush the quick blade events! Typically you’ll have more than enough time to do them, plus rushing them can result in you wasting time / taking damage.
- Don’t get greedy. Several bosses will take FAR less damage if you don’t attack them at the right time, so you’re really just putting yourself in harms way.
General Boss Tips
- Every now and then you will push her back. This should result in a quick blade prompt, which will reveal a small blue bar on her blade. If you cut this bar, then you’ll be able to cut off all her arms and she won’t be able to do much against you. After a little bit she will reattach and the fight will continue as normal.
- If you do the event mentioned above, she will throw the robots at you after taking their arms. These can be dodged with some luck or you can just slice them in blade mode.
- The little robots contain health kits.
- If you’re having problems with her attacks, then you might want to try blindly rushing her. Provided you do enough damage to knock her back, you can actually prevent her from ever attacking you.
First things first, do not think about the robots with her. You will most likely kill them in the process of fighting her and will constantly respawn. As far as Mistral is concerned, I suggest just rushing her. This part will only last for 25% or so of her life, so it will be over pretty quickly.
Unlike phase 1, you will be stuck on a VERY small pipe with virtually nowhere to run. As I’ve already mentioned above, you want to try to damage her before she can attack you. This part won’t last too long, so I wouldn’t sweat it.
At this point she will be a little more aggressive, but you should have a good idea of what to expect. I suggest staying at mid range and only coming in close if you can get a hit in. Try to avoid long range with her, since that will result in her doing a sneak attack on you. Like the previous 2 phases, your goal is to pretty much push her back and remove her ability to attack you back. Not a whole lot to this fight, so you really shouldn’t have any issues.