Paradox Interactive today announced a new expansion to the world of Crusader Kings II, the critically acclaimed RPG strategy title.
The impending expansion, called Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, will add a number of features of the game that have been requested by fans. Ranging from 200 extra years of timeline to making rebels be no longer faceless the expansion adds a number of things that gamers will enjoy. Below is the full list of Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods features:
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground – lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods is currently scheduled to release in the second quarter of the year. The teaser trailer for the expansion can be seen below.