Robert Bowling, the Creative Strategist on Modern Warfare 3, otherwise known as fourzerotwo has today revealed a ton of information about Modern Warfare 3.
Bowling started off by saying Infinity Ward knew what people loved and what people didn’t from Modern Warfare 2 and listed what would be kept and removed this time around.
Things that will be kept will be: High gun damage, gun on gun focus, depth of features but simplistic in design. The things that annoyed players and have been removed include: OMA, Commando, Overpowered Explosives, Nukes, Last Stand aka Second Chance perk.
Bowling went onto reveal a mountain of other details on Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer:
– IW have “changed a lot of how XP, match bonus, challenges, rewards, and other incentives are distributed in objective gameplay”
– You can play every Spec Ops survival mission on ALL multiplayer maps that are completely open.
– IW is attempting to start “Building up from Call of Duty 4, bringing in our favorite weapons, losing the stuff we didn’t like and refocusing on gun on gun fast paced combat.”
– The killstreak systems for MW3 will be “completely changed up”
– A public multiplayer beta is a give / take in terms of development schedule.
– There is no dive to prone in Modern Warfare 3.
– IW has “removed Commando.”
– Explosives as a whole have been re-balanced to make them the support tool they’re intended to be not a primary weapon of attack.
– The team has focused on keeping “firefights fast paced but closer to COD4’s balance.”
– Adding in the matchmaking, progressive ranking, killstreaks and unlocks, and wave based modes have made Spec Ops everything we always wanted it to be when we first introduced it.
– There is no date yet for Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer reveal yet.
He finished off with two final titbits of information that “there are three major plot lines that collide in Modern Warfare 3” and that “now that E3 is wrapped I’m [bowling] working on getting a Spec Ops gameplay trailer made for you guys”.
An explosion of information that I’m sure will please many fans: Bowling definitely seems to be hinting that MW3 will be closer to COD4 in many respects, is this a good thing? Comment below.Modern Warfare 3 Information Blowout,