It is no doubt that Fallout 3 is one of the best role-playing games since its release, but are some games trying to copy? With Borderlands coming out in a few days, we’ve spent a lot of time with the game and before we publish our review this week, we would like to point out some similarities between Borderlands and Fallout 3. Yes, Borderlands is similar to Fallout 3, but only in some ways.
Let’s take a look on the similarities:
– The setting in which Borderlands and Fallout 3 take place in have a similar atmosphere. It is set in a wasteland with mutated monsters, bandits, and raiders that will be the main enemies you encounter.
– Similar Heads-Up Display (HUD). The locations where the compass, HP bar, etc are all in the same place.
– In Fallout 3, your objectives are called quests, while in Borderlands they are called missions. There is a compass in your HUD and it will display where your objective is. It is very easy to understand.
– The mechanics of the game are similar in one way or another. You kill
an enemy, you gain experience. Get enough experience, you level up. Simple RPG elements apply here.
– In Borderlands, you must find a VAULT, while in Fallout 3, you came from the VAULT.
– Expect more action in Borderlands than Fallout 3.
– Night & Day. No Time though on Borderlands
Borderlands can be compared to Fallout 3 in some ways, but let me say this, Borderlands is the improved Fallout 3. We’re limited to what we can say because we want to make sure we will discuss it in our review in a day or two. If you’re thinking that Borderlands is a complete rip off from Fallout 3, think again. It might be similar, but all of the goods can be found here.
Stay tuned this week for the review of the game.Borderlands - Similar to Fallout 3?,