One of the awesome features of the PS4 version of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition is the ability to use the PS Vita as a second controller, to those wanting to play with their friends nearby.
For gamers who don’t have a second DUALSHOCK 4 controller but have a PlayStation Vita, they can use that handheld device as a second controller. When playing on the PS Vita, please note that there are compromises that need to be made as there are no shoulder buttons on the handheld device. In my hours of playthrough using the PS Vita as my main screen, it works quite well and it takes time adjusting to the rear pad touch controls.
Now, to use the PS Vita as your second controller, just follow the steps:
1. Enable Remote Play on your PS Vita
2. Once your PS Vita is connected, your DUALSHOCK 4 controller will lose sync
3. Press the PS Button on your DUALSHOCK 4 controller to sync it again to your PS4
4. When the DUALSHOCK 4 controller is synced, choose the profile you want it logged in
5. Press the X button on the DUALSHOCK 4 controller to join as a second player
Note: Make sure you are the character selection screen