Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified Hard Mode Guide
While Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified might have a short single player campaign, it is in no way a walk in the park. With insanely accurate AI, over the top damage, awful situations and some control problems, many gamers are having problems three staring every mission. With this in mind, I explained how to do the hardest missions, so at the very least you will have an idea of what to expect. If you follow the guide, listen to the tips and have some moderate tolerance, then you can clear this mode!
- Guns with scopes are your friends. To avoid problems you’re going to need to kill enemies from weird locations and this is a lot easier with a scope.
- Pay attention to what drops where. The same guns will drop in the same locations, so it’s just a matter of memorization.
- Look for flashes of light. Enemies will usually be covered by flashing light (for gunfire), so use that to figure out where the enemies are.
- Never rush the enemy. Rushing the enemy will result in your death just about every time, so don’t bother unless you’re on the clock
- Avoid Grenades! Throwing a grenade or throwing a grenade back will usually work against you, which means it should be avoided unless it’s perfectly safe. I also advise you never throwback a grenade, since that will usually get you in trouble. The same goes for melee attacks, though if you’re a pinch, then it might be better than reloading.
- At the start make sure to open fire on the survivor and select your 2 favorite guns on the wall. I picked the Galil and M14, but it really doesn’t make a difference.
- Breach the door and kill the 4 enemies and then move down the stairs. There will be someone waiting for you, so don’t die here.
- Okay, so this is probably the hardest part of the level, but it’s all about skill. Basically 2 waves of enemies will constantly open fire on you, which should give you an idea why people hate this game / difficulty. You pretty much have to slowly advance on them or use a flash, I suggest saving the flash, though it makes no difference if you can’t get past this part. Finally make sure to prepare for the guy waiting in the building.
- Before you exit the building there will be 2 enemies waiting and then some enemies will spawn above and some more below. Kill off the above enemies and throw a grenade at the car. This should blow up the car, which will ideally kill one or more enemies. Another wave will come and hide behind the car, so if the car hasn’t blown up yet, just wait. Remember someone will be waiting at the exit, so don’t get caught off guard.
- When you hit the corner 2 enemies will be waiting and a third will appear above. Try to kill the bottom ones first, but make sure to kill the top one before he attacks. After dispatching them there will be some people waiting in the building, but you should have a grenade to dispatch them. If you don’t get any kills, then proceed with caution.
- This last area will have someone on the ledge above, which must be killed as quickly as possible. Everyone else can be slowly picked off or blown away with your remaining grenades. Once you’re sure everyone is dead, proceed to the exit, but be warned that someone might be waiting. Simply kill him if need be and reload your gun. Finally head up the stairs and arm the bomb. This will cause 2 enemies to rush you, but the game will move in bullet time. Simply kill them to finish the level.