Minecraft Snapshot 12w34b Is Now Out
The snapshot allows experienced users to test out newly created content prior to the public release of the content via the usual updates. 12w34a which has since been patched to 12w34b includes:
- Added item frames
- Added cobblestone walls (yes, mossy too)
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback
- Mobs can travel through portals
- Leather clothes can be dyed
- Removed the “wip block” from the creative menu
- Added two new crops and associated items
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (it’s for debugging, mainly)
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging)
- Added arrow-sensitive wooden buttons
- Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim)
The patching from a to b tweaks a few bugs that slipped into the original snapshot. A couple of things it fixed were item frame crashes and “nether portal stuff”; it also “tweaked the hidden feature”.
If you wish to try out the new content the snap shot is available to download at www.mojang.com.