Skyrim – To Kill or Not to Kill a Dog & the Masque of Clavicus Vile (Daedra Artifact)
As you seek the fifteen Daedra Artifacts in Skyrim, there will be times where it will test your morality and ethics. If you’re planning in getting the Masque of Calvicus Vile, it won’t be an easy task as it will test your morality; would you kill a dog for a weapon? Or not?
Acquiring the Masque of Clavicus Vile can be done as early as you reach level 10. The starting point for this quest is at Falkreath.
Let’s begin the hunt of the Masque of Clavicus Vile and the consequences of killing a poor innocent dog.
Masque of Clavicus Vile
– When you visit Falkreath, talk to the Guard at the entrance of the town. He’ll tell you about a missing dog.
– If the guard doesn’t give you information about a missing dog, simply find Lod.
– A miscellaneous quest will initiate asking you to find the dog.
– Now, make that quest active and follow the marker on your map.
– Once you find the dog, talk to him and you’ll learn that his name is Barbas.
– He needs your help to find his master.
– Follow him until you reach Haemar’s Shame (it’s a long walk!)
– Inside the Haemar’s Shame cave, you’ll face some Vampires.
– Barbas will help you in your fight with the Vampires, don’t worry!
– At the end of this cave, you’ll learn that Barbas’ master is Clavicus Vile, a Daedric Prince of Wishes.
– Talk to the statue of Clavicus Vile and he’ll give you a mission to get his axe from a wizard in Rimerock Burrow, Sebastian Lort.
– Follow the marker in your map and travel to Rimerock Burrow.
– Inside, you’ll face Sebastian Lort. Defeat him and get the Axe from the table.
– Go back to the Shrine of Clavicus Vile in Haemar’s Shame.
– Report back to Clavicus Vile and now, he’ll give you two options.
For killing Barbas, you WILL be getting the Rueful Axe (this will not be counted as a Daedra Artifact, therefore you will not get the achievement for getting all 15)
For sparing Barbas, you will get the Masque of Clavicus Vile. (Wait for the conversation to be over between Barbas and Clavicus Vile to get the Masque).
Skyrim - To Kill or Not to Kill a Dog & the Masque of Clavicus Vile (Daedra Artifact),