Dark Souls: The Best Gift to Pick
At the beginning of Dark Souls you’ll be asked to choose from one of eight gifts. The gifts that you pick in the beginning will be added into your inventory as soon as you start controlling your customized character.
From the eight gifts, a lot of gamers have been confused as to what of each the eight gifts actually do in the game. Many ask which one is the best? Others ask if the gift they pick will be useful? Clear your minds and we’ll tell you the best gift to pick from eight provided.
– This is the most important and recommended gift that you can take. Unless you’re a Thief (which you get automatically), the Master Key will pretty much unlock all basic doors that doesn’t need a key for game progression. By having this Master Key, you’ll save Souls as you no longer have to buy it.
Why are Other Gifts Useless
– For the most part, the other seven gifts are useless as you can pretty much get it in-game. As for the Master Key, there’s no way in getting that item in the game, unless you’re a Thief. Let’s examine the seven less useful Gifts.
– Goddess Blessing (Can be acquired in-game. The item will pretty much give you full HP and heal status ailments. Can only be used once.)
– Black Fire Bomb (Can be acquired in-game. You can also buy this from the merchant. The bombs are very common in the game for enemies.)
– Twin Humanities (You can easily get Humanity by helping someone online. Each defeated boss gives you one humanity.)
– Binoculars (Can be acquired in-game. Why would you need binoculars to peek at a far away place? Pretty useless)
– Pendant (No use at all. Can be acquired via Trade. Unless you want to unlock more of the game’s story, pick this but this can be obtained in the game.)
– Tiny Being Rings (You can acquire this ring from a monster drop. Slightly increases the HP.)
– Old Witch’s Ring (No effect to the character. Utterly useless unless you want to talk to the Chaos Servant Leader – the White Spider Witch. Can be acquired via Trade)