Final Fantasy XII was originally released on the PS2 back in 2006 and is often regarded to be one of the best in the long running JRPG series. After the remake came out on PS4 last year, Square Enix is proud to announce that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiax Age is now getting ported to the PC .
Square Enix announced that the PC release date of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is February 1st, 2018. The game has everything included in the PS4 version including the remastered soundtrack, fast forward mode, better visuals and a host of other new features. Some of the PC features can be seen below.
- 60FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS
Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience
I’ve played Final Fantasy XII and it was the first in the main Final Fantasy series that I managed to complete. My first playthrough was over 120 hours and every minutes was awesome. It has some of the best boss fights you will ever encounter in the Final Fantasy series.
It’s great to see that more people are getting a chance to play this classic. Not to mention the added features and cheats make it easier for new players to enjoy this without feeling too overwhelmed.