For gamers that have been interested in streaming, getting the proper equipment can be quite daunting. Webcams, capture equipment, and audio equipment are all staples of getting your feet wet. Razer, purveyors of eSports quality accessories, will be releasing their first desktop mic set with pre-orders open shortly: The Razer Seiren.
The Razer Seiren is a USB-connected microphone with a number of digital condensers and enhancements to give budding content producers a higher quality stepping stone. Below is a list of specs and features to help interested partners get more informed.
· HD recording with outstanding clarity
· 4 adjustable recording patterns (cardioid, stereo, omni directional , bi-directional)
· Quick controls for pattern switching, headphone volume and mic gain
· Built in headphone amplifier with zero latency output
· Plug-and-play recording via single USB connection
· Power required / consumption: 5 V / 500 mA (USB)
· Sample rate: 192 kHz
· Bit rate: 24 bit
· Capsules: 3 x 14 mm condenser capsules
· Polar patterns: stereo, cardioid, omnidirectional, bi-directional
· Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
· Sensitivity: 4.5 mV / Pa (1 kHz)
· Max SPL: 120 dB (THD: 0.5% 1 kHz)
· Impedance: > 16 Ω
· Power output (RMS): 130 mW
· THD: 0.009%
· Frequency response: 15 Hz – 22 kHz
· Signal-to-noise ratio: 114 dB
Razer’s Seiren microphone is currently preparing to open for pre-orders here. Prices start at $179.99 with optional accessories such as a shock mount and pop filter or a complete bundle of all three items for $229.99.