Sony has just announced there will be two “Special Editions” for the highly anticipated The Last of Us.
Fans will be able to choose between The Last of Us: Ellie Edition and The Last of Us: Joel Edition, each packaged in a unique canvas wrap, and filled with exclusive physical and downloadable content.
*Note this is the PAL Special Edition of the game and differs from the North American version.
Check out the contents below
· The Last of Us mini artbook: explore the world of The Last of Us through some of the remarkable artwork that gave shape to the game
· The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1: the first in a series of comics created in partnership with Dark Horse to delve into the backstory of Ellie. The version included features a variant cover found only in these special editions
· Exclusive game pack: The Ellie Edition showcases the character Ellie on the game pack artwork, while the Joel Edition will feature Joel’s face
· Collectable poster: an exclusive screen print effect poster of each character can be found in their respective editions
· DUALSHOCK®3 skin: skin your PS3™ controllers with Joel or Ellie, depending on which edition you decide to order
· Survival DLC Pack
o Multiplayer Bonuses:
§ Bonus XP
§ Melee booster
§ In-game currency
§ Customizable character items
o Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
· Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
o Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
o PS3® Dynamic Theme
o PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
· LittleBigPlanet™ Sackboy Skins: voucher codes for a downloadable Joel skin or a downloadable Ellie skin for your Sackboy character depending on which special edition you choose
The Last of Us launches globally on 7th May 2013 and is available to pre-order now.