Following the new story trailer at the VGA’s, Sony is looking to keep news for The Last of Us flowing. The PS Blog has released information regarding the game’s current pre-order bonuses. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes the following:
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
As usual, GameStop is being given exclusive bonuses in order to draw in more customers. In addition to the Sights and Sound Pack, a pre-order at GameStop will net you the Survival Pack. Here’s what you’ll find in the Survival Pack:
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
In case GameStop’s bonus content made you double take, earlier this year we received confirmation that a multiplayer mode would be included in The Last of Us, and it’s not campaign co-op. With GameStop outing their multiplayer-based pre-order bonus and the PS Blog stating that, while they aren’t quite ready to talk about it, they will be revealing details in the near future.
The Last of Us releases exclusively on the PlayStation 3 on May 7th.