After years of waiting, Castle Crashers is finally heading to Steam. This news came directly from The Behemoth and will be playable at the upcoming PAX Prime Convention. In addition to announcing the game, they also released all of the features that it will support, which can be found below.
Castle Crashers Steam Features:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colorful hand drawn 2D visuals!
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- Unlock more than 25 characters and over 40 weapons!
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game.
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
- Animal orbs: These adorable little companions each add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode: Battle other players in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from!
- Insane Mode: Test your skills in the ultimate campaign challenge.
Additionally they also revealed the system requirements, so make sure your PC has at least the following.
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: Dual Core Processor 2GHz+
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 300MB
- Video Card: Graphics: 256 MB dedicated directx 9.0c compatible card
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Sadly there is no word on when it’s releasing, but they did say it would be soon. Ideally they will announce the release date at PAX Prime, but at least it’s confirmed for PC release.