We all know that Pokémon is an extremely popular series, both in the western and eastern world. It seems that the newest entries in the series, Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver, have tops Japan’s sale charts, beating off games such as Wii Fit Plus and Uncharted 2 for the top spot!
1. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Pokemon, DS): 165,000 (total 2,639,000)
2. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii): 118,000 (610,000)
3. Friend Collection (Nintendo, DS): 63,000 (1,414,000)
4. Inazuma Eleven 2 (Level-5, DS): 61,000 (437,000)
5. Uncharted 2 (SCE, PS3): 54,000
6. Okami (Capcom, Wii): 24,000
7. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii): 23,000 (1,300,000)
8. Gran Turismo (SCE, PSP): 22,000 (196,000)
9. Shin Megamitensei Strange Journey (Atlus, DS): 20,000 (117,000)
10. Love Plus (Konami, DS): 20,000 (141,000)
Western game Uncharted 2 is doing extremely well in the charts, and Okami still stays strong even after ebing released last year, whilst the newest Shin Megami has a comfortalbe place on the charts.
Will these sales for Pokémon in Japan mirror those of North America and Europe? We will find out soon enough…