In addition to the Gunbreaker job that are coming in the expansion, Square Enix announced that another job coming alongside is Dancer. Just like in past games, Dancers are long-ranged attackers and uses throwing weapons in unleashing powerful attacks.
Another player race that are coming to Shadowbringers are Hrothgar. Both the Viera and Hrothgar are the two new races that are playable when the expansion releases this July.
Here are the new features that are coming, as announced by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida:
- New Job – Dancer: Dancer joins gunbreaker as one of the new jobs in Shadowbringers. This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party.
- New Player Race – Hrothgar: The Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced Viera as the second new playable race in Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will both have unique, customizable features specific to their races.
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore: Located in Norvrandt, the former will serve as a player hub, while the latter—an affluent city ruled by the elite will play a key role in the Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New Raid – Eden: This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character—both designed specifically for this raid series by KINGDOM HEARTS® Director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The bearded dwarves and the ”sin eater,” Innocence.
- New Field Area – Lakeland: A preview of this area is available here:
As far as the setting goes and the complete reveal of the Shadowbringers expansion, check out the trailer below:
These features add to the list of exciting previously announced content, including a level cap increase to level 80, the Trust system—which provides a new opportunity for solo play, a new 24-player alliance raid series entitled “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse”, New Game+, and end-game content for crafters and gatherers which sees the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard.
To prepare fans for the upcoming expansion, the main scenario quests of Stormblood will come to an end on March 26 as a new patch 3.56 will release. The patch will bridge the story to Shadowbringers.