Sony has announced to PlayStation owners that it will be shutting down the servers for SingStar early next year. This means you cannot download new music.
You can still play previously downloaded SingStar songs, but you need to buy new songs before January 31st, 2020. You also need to play as much as you can if you want to get the high scores.
Sony made the announcement via an email that was sent to PlayStation members earlier this week. You can read the full announcement posted down below.
As of 31st January, 2020, 23.59GMT, the SingStore servers will be shut down. All online functionality, network features, and digital music downloads will be immediately disabled. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in offline mode.
The following functionality will still be playable in offline mode:
• Play songs on physical discs
• Play digital songs that have previously been purchased and downloaded to the hard-drive
• PS4 users only will also be able to re-download previously downloaded and deleted songs. Note this is not possible for PS3 / PS2 users, where if a downloaded song is deleted, it cannot be re-downloaded
• Play Party Mode
• Track and record high scores offline
• Take and store videos and snapshots onto your PlayStation hard drive
• Create song playlists
From January 31, 2020 online functionality will be affected in the following ways:
• Purchasing or downloading new songs will not be possible or available
• You will not be able to view, upload or interact with any online user generated content (UGC)
• You will not be able to share recorded media at the end of a performance on any of the available public sharing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, PSN or SingStar community)
• You will not be able to track and record high scores online
• You will not be able to complete online challenges
• You will not be able to unlock the following trophies:
o Channel surfer
o Concert debut
o Stars in my eyes