2K Support has announced that you will only have one more year in order to play Battleborn. Once 2021 comes around, the game will no longer be playable.
This also means you cannot even play the game’s offline single player mode either. So play the game as much as you can before January 2021 comes around.
In related news, it has been announced that Battleborn has now been removed from digital storefronts. This means new players cannot buy the game digitally anymore.
If you want to read the full information, read the details from the 2K Support website posted down below.
Battleborn has been removed from digital storefronts, and we are now in the process of gradually sunsetting the game to focus our efforts and resources on other projects.
So, what does that mean? At the moment, you won’t see any effect if you own a copy of the game. But there are some things you should be aware of:
- After February 24, 2020, you will no longer be able to purchase premium virtual currency (“Platinum”) for use in the game.
- The game’s servers will remain active and the game will continue to be playable until January 2021.
- Once servers are deactivated, Battleborn will no longer be playable.
Once platinum stops being sold, can I still spend the in-game currency I already have?
- Yes, you can still spend any virtual currency (both Platinum and the coins you earn through gameplay) you have in your account until the game’s servers shut down in 2021. You can still grind for it in the game, too, you just won’t be able to directly purchase it anymore.
Are you taking any features offline when you stop selling Platinum?
- Nope! Nothing else in the game will change until January 2021, when the servers go offline.
Will I still be able to play Battleborn in any fashion (e.g. the single-player campaign, peer-to-peer games) after the servers go offline?
- No, once the servers are offline in January 2021, Battleborn won’t be playable in any way.”