Now that Microsoft has officially unveiled the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, many who are current Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass members are wondering what will happen to their current subscriptions, whether or not it’s possible to upgrade to the Ultimate service.
Fortunately, upgrading is very easy. No, it won’t be free but you can do the upgrade for just $1, instead of paying over the full $14.99.
- Make sure you have an existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass.
- Head over to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate page
- Purchase the $1 free trial
- There will be a prompt telling you that you can upgrade your subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- Upon confirming, the remaining months for both Gold and Xbox Game Pass will add up. Only up to thirty six months can be converted.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is available now for $14.99. Please note that if you have a PC, you can use that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to download games from Microsoft’s growing library. Games such as State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves are available now in the Open Beta of Xbox Game Pass for PC.
For more information, check out the official Xbox Game Pass for PC page. You can check out as well the list of games that they currently have.
As E3 2019 starts this week, check back with us throughout the week for coverage such as hands-on impression, and more. Stay tuned!