For PC gamers somewhat hesitant in purchasing the game, there’s a demo that is now downloadable. It will feature full online functionality and two rotating characters is also available.
In the PC version of Omen of Sorrow, it will feature cross-play with the PlayStation 4 version, as well as local multiplayer and support for Xinput-based controllers and fight sticks.
An update will be released for both version with balance patches, as well as free new characters and stages in the near future.
“We’ve been supported by Epic Games since day one, even before the Epic Games Store was a thing,” said AOne Games marketing director Felipe Budinich in a press release. “They’ve promoted us on social media, they had us at their booth on GDC, and awarded us a Dev Grant, and now we are thrilled to release on their platform as it will do a lot for the visibility of the title.”
Here’s an overview of the game, via AOne Games:
Omen of Sorrow is a four-button fighting game inspired by classical horror, fantasy and iconic myths and legends. Players will find themselves battling in various dangerous and gloomy places, such as a raging forest fire or a sinister castle. Omen of Sorrow features many legendary characters, such as the Dr. Frankenstein’s monster, Adam; the cursed werewolf Caleb, as well as the fearsome and mad Dr. Hyde All characters are connected by an intricate storyline full of internal struggles, spite and malice.
- Battle with many iconic characters and strategize with character specific special moves and abilities!
- Flirt with danger in dismal stages, inspired by age-old European legends!
- Endure grueling battles in Arcade and Survival Modes, or beat up friends in local Versus!
- Experience a complete Online Mode, featuring Ranked and Casual matches, and create lobbies for custom rule matches!
- Unlock more than 200 in-game rewards by conquering all of the different gameplay modes!
- Master your fighting skills in a fully featured Training Room!