At this year’s E3 2019 press conference of Square Enix, the company announced that Final Fantasy VIII will be getting a remastered version and will be released sometime in 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch.
While it’s not a complete remake, FFVIII fans can look forward to overhauled visuals, renewed character models, and enhancements to make the gameplay more smoother.
Here’s a brief overview of the game:
Coming in 2019, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered marks the 20th Anniversary of its original release with a new visual refresh and brings the game’s beloved story to modern platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. With overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before!
According to Square Enix, the remaster will include the following new system features:
- Battle Reinforcement: Keeps HP and ATB at maximum, allowing special skills to be activated at any time.
- No Encounters: Turn on / off battle encounters.
- Triple Speed: All scenes advance at three times the speed (excluding movies).
For the PC version, the following features will be added:
- Obtain All Items: Obtain all items, excluding some items.
- Obtain All Abilities: Learn all obtainable G.F. abilities.
- G.F. Level MAX: Max out obtainable G.F. Level.
- Gil MAX: Max out Gil.
- Magic MAX: Max out obtainable magic stock.
- Obtain All Special Skills: Learn all special skills.
- Obtain All Cards: Obtain the maximum amount of cards, excluding rare cards.
Check out the announcement trailer below: