Bandai Namco is pleased to announce today that the Switch version of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization will be released digitally in North America on May 25 in a Deluxe Edition. For those in Europe, the game will be released in both physical and digital format.
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition will include the base game, plus all of the Season Pass Content, including the ‘Abyss of the Shrine Maiden’ expansions and the ‘Warriors of the Sky’ update.
A PlayStation 4 and PS Vita version of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization was released back in October 2016, followed by PC in October 2017.
Fans who never had a chance to play the game back on PS4 or PS Vita should definitely look forward in getting this game when it launches on May 25. Who wouldn’t want to play the game on-the-go?
Here’s an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Originally released for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, players will now be able to play the full game on the Nintendo Switch for the very first time, in addition to all previously released DLCs.
Return to the world of Aincrad as Kirito and his friends are pulled into the Virtual Reality MMORPG called Sword Art: Origin, a game housed on the same servers that hosted the death-game Sword Art Online. However, this game is not quite the same one as he escaped years ago…
- 2026, Sword Art: Origin, a new VRMMORPG has emerged. Kirito meets a mysterious NPC and receives a cryptic message. This game, though familiar to him, is not the same as the one he escaped years ago…
- Original storytelling supervised by Reki Kawahara, creator of Sword Art Online.
- Massive expansive world with a stronger sense of adventure.
- Multiplayer Mode to enjoy the game with 3 other players.
- Feels like its MMORPG origins thanks to MMORPG-like interface, 16-character teams and fierce raid boss battles.