Deep Silver announced today that Metro Exodus will receive some sort of super-ultra limited edition for the game called Spartan Collector’s Edition, in which its only limited to 4,000 units and is only available at their official site at MetroTheGame.com
The Spartan Collector’s Edition will retail for $199.99, or $234.99 when bundled with the previously announced Aurora Edition. The Spartan’s Collector’s Edition will include the following:
· A Premium Artyom Statue: This highly detailed, hand-painted resin statue stands at 10.5 inches high and captures the iconic scene from the Metro Exodus announcement trailer of Artyom fighting off a deadly Watchman. Each statue is individually numbered.
· Authentic Spartan Order Dog Tag: A finely crafted replica of Artyom’s Spartan Order tag.
· “Artyom’s Memories” Collectible Postcards: Arytom’s most treasured items are postcards from the world before it was devastated by nuclear war. Fans of the Metro series will recognize Artyom’s collection, given to him by those he encounters on his journey.
· Spartan Order Patches: Two authentic Spartan Order patches to wear with pride.
According to Deep Silver, the Spartan Collectors Edition will ship in a gigantic, barrel-shaped package, based on an in-game design that adds to the authenticity. Those who are interested in getting it should definitely pre-order it as the Spartan Collector’s Edition will be available in strictly limited supply.
Here’s an overview of the game:
The year is 2036.
A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game.
Metro Exodus will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 22, 2019. Check out the video Deep Silver released below: