Thomas Happ Games is pleased to announce today that Axiom Verge 2, a much-awaited sequel, will be coming to Nintendo Switch sometime in late 2020, with other platforms to be announced at a later date.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its official website:
Decades later… or is it centuries earlier?
You may have played Axiom Verge, or heard it referenced as a benchmark for indie “metroidvania” adventures. Axiom Verge 2 is part of the same story as Axiom Verge 1 but is a completely new game: new characters, new powers, new enemies, and a new world. You can play it before or after the original.
Meet Indra, the mysterious billionaire behind the worldwide Globe 3 conglomerate. What is this world she’s found? Who are the voices that seem to be calling to her?
Axiom Verge 2 is coming in late 2020 for Nintendo Switch. Stay tuned to learn about additional platforms!
Not Just Another World
Hiding in a cargo lift in Antarctica is what appears to be an ancient, alternate Earth, complete with mountains, lakes, deserts, and the ruins of a civilization. But you get the feeling that something else is lurking just past the fringes of reality, waiting to pull you in.
- Climb your way across a variety of terrains.
- Exploit enemies through hacking.
- Venture off with your remote drone.
Items and Enemies
You may think you already know the world of Axiom Verge. Think again.
- Urns – If you break open one of these you’ll gain new powers and abilities from the entities trapped inside. But at what cost?
- Compass – This lapis lazuli pendant sparkles with light. As you draw nearer to an urn, the light coalesces to point in its general direction.
- Drones – These mechanical foes attack you on sight. But like anything with a computer at its core, they can be hacked, each for varying effects.
- Save Shrines – Every time you stop at one of these, a tiny piece of you is left behind. This allows you to be reborn if you take too much damage to continue.
…And Something Else
You sense there is a bigger secret to this world. What could it be?
Check out the Axiom Verge 2 announcement trailer below: