Now that you have become a Pokemon Champion in Pokemon Sword and Shield and have completely finished the game, there is post-game activities that you can do after.
As with all Pokemon games, the adventure doesn’t stop just because you have become the Pokemon Champion. You can continue to hunt for rare Pokemon and complete your PokeDex, participate in Raid Battles, and more. However, there are specific events that take place right after beating the game.
Below is the list of Pokemon Sword and Shield post-game activities that you can do right after beating the game:
Acquiring the Master Ball
After you have become the Pokemon Champion, pay Professor Magnolia a visit and you will receive a Master Ball. As with all Master Balls in past Pokemon games, this specific Poke Ball will allow you to catch a Pokemon at a 100% success rate.
Hunt for Zacian or Zamazenta
The Legendary Pokemon for both Sword and Shield becomes available right after you have become the Pokemon Champion. For Sword, you can catch Zacian while Shield will allow you to catch Zamazenta.
To start your adventure in catching the Legendary, go to the Slumbering Weald area and approach the shrine. You will engage in one Pokemon Battle with Hop and right after, the Legendary will appear. Don’t forget to use your master ball!
Collecting Rare League Cards
More challenging battles await right after you have become the Pokemon Champion. By visiting the Gym Leader that you have previously beaten, you can challenge them in a Dynamax Pokemon battle and when you beat them, you will get a Rare League Cards.
Here are their locations:
- Milo / Turffield Stadium – battle with a Dynamax Tsareena
- Nessa / Hulbury Stadium – battle with a Dynamax Gyarados
- Kabu / Motostoke Stadium – battle with a Dynamax Torkoal
- Sword: Bea / Stow-on-Side Stadium – battle with a Dynamax Conkeldurr
- Shield: Allister / Stow-on-Side Stadium – battle with a Dynamax
- Bede / Ballonlea Stadium – battle with Bede, the new gym leader
- Sword: Gordie / Circhester Stadium – battle with a Dynamax Gigalith
- Shield: Melony / Circhester Stadium – battle with a Dynamax
- Raihan / Hammerlocke Stadium – battle with a Dynamax Haxorus
- Piers: obtained after capturing Zacian or Zamazenta
- Rose: obtained from Oleanna in the Galar Mine
- Ball Guy: get your mate, Ball Guy’s card outside Motostoke Stadium
- Leon: defeat Leon in battle at the Battle Tower
- Hop: obtain from Hop after your final battle at the Slumbering Weald
Get a Charmander
Visit Hop’s House to find Leon. He will give you a Charmander that you can raise to a Charizard. Luckily, Leon will also give you an item that allows Charizard to Dynamax. Pretty much, you will be able to experience the power of Charizard in Dynamax state.