After the map disappeared into a black hole we knew things would be different and now Fortnite is back – with Fortnite Chapter 2.
Bringing in new features, mechanics and most importantly a brand-new map Fortnite Chapter 2 is aiming to make quite a splash – and not just as players can swim! The changes are seeming across the board with improvements to make team play better, as well as places to hide that feel like they are straight out of Assassin’s Creed. The Chapter 2 update is now live (for free) across all major platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Here is the latest teaser trailer released by Epic Games showing off all of the best bits. Below is the direct announcement from the development team – highlighting the new additions and tweaks that players can look forward to.
Chapter 2 brings some huge changes to Fortnite. You can check out some highlights below, and we encourage you to drop in and check it out for yourself because there’s so much more.
Drop into a New World – Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay – Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad – Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives – Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat – Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind – Level through the all-new Chapter 2 – Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in the match.