Square Enix released today the first set of screenshots for the much-awaited Star Ocean: First Departure R for both the PlayStation 4 and Switch.
Star Ocean: First Departure R is a remaster of the classic Star Ocean: First Departure that debuted on the PSP several years ago. Star Ocean fans who missed out, can look forward to the remastered version soon.
In addition, Square Enix released the game’s description:
The 2007-released remake of Star Ocean—Star Ocean: First Departure—appears as a high-definition port with new features! In addition to the high-definition upgrade, the game is fully voiced through new recordings by the original Star Ocean cast. The character illustrations have also been redrawn based on the original designs, which you can switch between with the original remake illustrations.
Star Ocean: First Departure R is currently in development for PS4 and Nintendo Switch. So far, there’s no release date announced yet and no pricing too.
A brief overview of Star Ocean: First Departure (PSP version), via Amazon:
- Highly anticipated PSP remake of the original Star Ocean that was never released in the United States
- Classic RPG action with private actions that alter the outcome of future actions
- Enhanced game play and more dynamic battle features, as well as new playable characters
- New artwork and animation make for beautiful backgrounds and cut-scenes
- Item creation system and skill system allow for character development throughout the story
Check back with us daily for updates on Star Ocean: First Departure R.